Ref. No.: 2046/2017
Location: Munich Area/Germany
Duration: 12 months with an option to extend by 12 months – Full time equivalent
- development of upgrades
- follow-up of corrective maintenance
- refurbishments of the mechanisms and structure of the 25 ALMA antennas.
responsible for specific hardware maintenance support, improvements and providing technical expertise to the observatory in Chile, in particular for 25 high-precision radio astronomy antennas.
Required Experience and Knowledge:
Mandatory: The mechanical engineer performing the works should have at least 10 years of working experience. He needs to support the design and the implementation follow-up of the mechanisms of the European ALMA antenna, write documentation such as Statements of Work, maintenance procedures and follow-up the development of CAD drawings.
Essential skills include:
- good knowledge of CAD software and MS Office
- capability to assess the quality and impact of a mechanical design in the context of a larger system
- significant experience in hydraulics, steel structure and complex mechanical systems
- very good command of the English language
- strong sense for quality development
Desired skills include:
- Experience in Carbon Fiber structures
- Good command of the Spanish language
- Experience in commissioning mechanical systems
Some missions to the ALMA Observatory at 3000m and 5000m above sea level are expected.
Please send your CV in English on address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The perfect CV should include:
- Education (time, name of the university, specialization),
- Employment (duration, company name, industry, position, range of tasks),
- Participation in projects (duration, the name and description of the project, technology, role in the project),
- Knowledge of foreign languages (spoken and written),
- Knowledge of IT technologies: with your own assessment of the level of knowledge,
Przydatne pliki do pobrania:
Knowledge of technology